Vanderbilt-wide Limited Submission Opportunity: RWJF Health and Climate Solutions Grant
Vanderbilt-wide Limited Submission Opportunity
RWJF Health and Climate Solutions Grant
*This is a joint competition for VU and VUMC investigators. All investigators should follow these instructions.*
Vanderbilt (VU + VUMC) may nominate one applicant for the RWJF Health and Climate Solutions Grant. The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation seeks proposals from communities or organizations across the United States that: (1) have developed and implemented approaches that address the health impacts of climate change, while improving health equity, and (2) want to build evidence around those kinds of approaches. Awards of up to $350,000 each will be made.
- All interventions eligible for this funding must have been implemented and active for at least one year as of the date of the application.
- History of, or deep interest in, working to address the health and well-being of indigenous communities, communities of color, or low-income communities.
- Proposals must discuss approaches focused in one or more geographically defined communities
Eligible, local approaches can focus on one or more of a range of determinants of health—including, but not limited to: air quality; energy sources; transportation or mobility design; food and water systems; housing; and health systems. Grant funds will support research and evaluation activities, with some funds allocated to communication and dissemination efforts to share findings and lessons learned broadly. Ideally, some of the selected projects will apply or amplify local, indigenous, and traditional knowledge. Successful proposals will have an explicit, targeted aim to transform their community in positive ways, as well as have authentic engagement, representation, and leadership by members of the community.
Internal Selection Process:
Anyone interested in being considered as one of Vanderbilt’s nominees must submit the following (in a single PDF) to LSO@vanderbilt.edu by 5 p.m. on Jan. 18.
- Brief (2 page maximum) research plan including summary budget;
- Statement of support from department chair/center director;
- 5-page CV or NIH Biosketch
Please contact us at LSO@vanderbilt.edu if you have any questions.