VUMC Limited Submission Opportunity: 2019 Conservation, Food & Health Grants
VUMC may submit one application to the Conservation, Food and Health Foundation(CFH) Support for Programs in the Developing World funding opportunity. The CFH seeks to protect natural resources, improve the production and distribution of food, and promote public health in Asia, Africa, Latin America, and the Middle East. The Foundation supports projects that demonstrate local leadership and promote professional development in the conservation, agricultural, and health sciences; develop the capacity of local organizations; and address a particular problem or question in the field. Grants are made on a one-time basis for up to $30,000 (average grant is $20,000.) No indirect costs are allowed.
The foundation prefers to support projects that address under-funded issues and geographic areas. It favors research, training, and technical assistance projects that:
- employ and/or train personnel from developing countries
- are led by organizations with strong records of accomplishments in a particular field and have potential for replication
- focus on regional or cross-boundary issues and opportunities
- feature collaborative partnerships embedded in strong networks
- strengthen local leadership and scientific capacity
- influence public discourse and policy
- focus on prevention rather than remediation
- attract additional support and hold promise for continuation or impact beyond the period of foundation support
See the guidelines for more information. The CFH does not fund direct medical care or treatment at hospitals or clinics; medical equipment for hospitals or clinics; or several other exclusions.
Internal Application Process:
Anyone interested in being considered as VUMC’s nominee must submit the following (in a single PDF) to LSO@vanderbilt.edu by 5:00 p.m. on April 18, 2019.
- Brief (2 page maximum) research plan including summary budget;
- Statement of support from department chair/center director;
- NIH Biosketch
VUMC’s nominee will submit a concept application to the foundation by July 1. Any questions about this opportunity or the LSO process may be directed to LSO@vanderbilt.edu.