Our Center is:
1. An intellectual nexus for like-minded researchers to meet and work together
• We meet monthly to discuss research in progress and identify areas for collaboration
• We offer a platform for residents and fellows to conduct health services research and clinical epidemiology.
2. A support “core” for the Vanderbilt Section of Surgical Sciences
• Advising and helping to establish clinical databases and registrants in the surgical departments
• Providing basic statistical and programming support for clinical projects.
3. A place for surgeon-scientists to share resources to achieve economies of scale and facilitate new research projects.
4. A data warehouse where interested investigators can learn about and do secondary analyses in existing large datasets.