The VUMC Evidence-based Practice and Nursing Research Committee was established to better serve the Vanderbilt Nursing community by supporting nursing research and evidence-based practice.
VUMC Nursing Research Committee Goals
Long-term Goal: Provide leadership for the use of evidence-based practice as an integral component of clinical practice and management decision making.
Short-term Goals (1-2 yrs):
- Develop a template on the development of journal clubs
- Provide oversight to the Evidence-based Nursing Practice Fellowship
- Identify resources that are available to nurses for evidence-based nursing practice (EBNP)
- Identify avenues for resource use/application (i.e. Zynx)
- Identify past work and how it can be folded into current goals
- Develop plans for "Research Day"
- Identify ways to use EBNP as a template for developing competency
- Develop research focused educational programs in collaboration with the CNE Committee
- Provide consultation to nurses with clinical practice questions that may benefit from literature review
- Provide consultation to the Clinical Practice Committee