- State the 3 tenants of radiation safety and provide examples of how they are implemented
- Define the contrast classifications of ionic, non-ionic, high-osmolar, low-osmolar, and iso-osmolar and how these classifications can impact the patient
- Identify complications related to contrast administration (i.e. reaction, extravasation, contrast induced nephrotoxicity, NSF) and list methods for prevention and treatment of each.
- Compare the breast imaging techniques of mammography, MRI, breast tomosynthesis including the advantages to each.
- Describe at least 3 diagnostic imaging studies including purpose and patient care considerations.
- State the proper way to handle brachytherapy implants
- Describe at least 3 nuclear medicine/PET imaging studies including purpose and patient care considerations.
- Define the imaging planes of coronal, sagittal, and axial.
- Identify 3 different modalities where biopsies can be done and the advantages and disadvantages of each.
- Define the terms anechoic, hypoechoic, and hyperechoic as it pertains to Ultrasound imaging.
- Identify required education for a RN providing procedural sedation.
- State 2 critical safety practices for caring for patients in MRI
- Describe at least 3 non-vascular interventional imaging studies including purpose and patient care considerations.
- Describe at least 3 vascular interventional imaging studies and be able to identify the purpose and patient care considerations for each.
- Correctly determine the order to complete an ultrasound, an upper GI, and an abdominal CT.
.CLICK FOR PRINTABLE BROCHURE